Savana Signatures is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented person to join its Education Programme Team.
The Education programme seeks to enhance the quality of teaching and learning outcomes through ICT use and gender sensitive pedagogy, and students/pupils particularly girls increasingly transiting to high levels of schooling.
Job Title: Project Officer
Job Location: Northern and Volta Region
Duty Station: Tamale
Reporting to: Executive Director
In collaboration with relevant partners (Ghana Education Service, District Assemblies and Civil society organisations) and under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director ensure the planning and effective implementation of Existing Education Project as may be assigned to achieve the objectives and indicators for the Education Programme. Would also be required to work in a team to raise funds to expand the education programme area.
- Plan and implement the Objectives of assigned education project in collaboration with the GES, District Assemblies and Civil Society organisations
- Initiate and facilitate meetings with partners and staff to plan or review activities for implementing assigned project
- Follow up to ensure all activity plans including monitoring, reporting etc.) are effectively and timely carried out
- Support implement monitoring & evaluation systems to both inform strategy and raise performance
- Training and capacity building of partners under the project
- Facilitate and strengthen partnership between Savana Signatures, Ghana Education Service and District Assemblies
- Support teamwork by offering effective leadership
- Minimum academic requirement is a first degree
- Very good knowledge of the Education Sector in Ghana
- A good understanding of the ICT in Education Policy is essential
- An average ICT skills and ability to offer ICT skills transfer is desirable
- A sound knowledge of advocacy is desirable but not essential
- Gender sensitivity in programme development
- Experience with managing, coordinating and implementing project activities
- Ability to do fundraising would be an advantage
- Initiative and proactive attitude towards the promotion of education in rural communities
- Hands-on experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- An excellent writing/communication skills
Application with CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday 5th August 2014.