T4MCH Research Fund: Contributing towards the Reduction of Maternal and Infant Mortality in Ghana
Deadline: 31 January 2017
The Technology for Maternal and Child Health Project (T4MCH), a collaboration between Savana Signatures, Salasan and Mustimuhw and funded by Global Affairs Canada is seeking applications for its Research fund to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and infant mortality in 33 health facilities in 9 Districts of 3 Regions of Ghana (Northern, Upper West and Volta).
The purpose of the T4MCH research fund is to provide financial support to Ghanaian researchers in the field of medicine, public/community health and social sciences to address issues relevant to Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and New born Mortality Rate (NMR) in 3 regions of Ghana, preferably in the Districts where the project is being implemented.
The maximum grant amount per proposal is GHC 30,000.
Areas of Study
- Causes/frequency and trends in maternal and/or neonatal mortality in the project area;
- Risk factors and barriers, both socio-demographic and clinical, for MMR and/or NMR in the project area;
- Mitigating/facilitating factors in MMR and/or NMR that PROMOTE safe delivery;
- Role of Technology in reducing MMR/NMR;
- Studies/reviews of “success stories”, best practices and lessons learned will also be considered for shorter-term and/or small grants;
- Policy effectiveness regarding MMR/NMR in the project area;
- Roles and strategies used by NGOs and CSOs to address MMR/NMR in the project
- The fund invites research proposals from qualified researchers that provide original clinical and/or sociodemographic insights and data on clinical or cultural maternal and neonatal mortality in the project area.
- Research proposals will be accepted from academics in the field of medicine, public and community health and social sciences. Proposals will also be accepted from medical and health practitioners and policy developers who can demonstrate experience in research approaches and methodologies.
- Grants will be awarded by March 31, 2017 and all research must be completed, including submission of an approved final report, by December 31, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a complete proposal electronically at the address given on the website.