Savana Signatures is looking for a self-motivated person to Join its team as the Programmes Coordinator; join us! Be part of a team of changemakers.
Job Purpose: The Programmes Coordinator shall oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing projects of Savana Signatures, including planning, organizing, leading, and managing project activities.
In order to excel in the job, a program coordinator must:
- Have good problem-solving skills, be resourceful and take the initiative when needed.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of the requirements of the residency program as well as the structure and functionality of the department and the institute.
- Be able to work independently and to be organized in their work to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Have excellent communication skills and be professional when dealing with all aspects of the residency program.
- Be trustworthy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Programmes Coordinator will perform a wide range of duties.
- This will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide HR support the Executive Director:
- Supporting in the recruitment of qualified staff for various projects as may be required.
- Design and implement performance management system
- Liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to ensure that project officers deliver quality work and to document the learnings
- Provide planning support to Programme Officers to:
- Plan the delivery of their project/programme activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Develop budgets and operating plans to support the project implementation.
- Develop projects’ monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and provide guidance on data management
- Develop funding proposals to expand existing programmes and or to start new ones
- Ensure that project activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
Support Project Supervisors to control their projects by
- Writing reports on the projects for management and for funders.
- Ensure that projects operate within approved budgets.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with projects activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the projects activities on a regular basis and ensure that periodic evaluations are conducted according to specific projects’ evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the projects as appropriate.
Education: Masters Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years working experience in related field(s)
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
- Salary: Negotiable Programmes Coordinator
Applications should be submitted electronically only to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 15th March 2016.